Kindergarten - A glimmer of hope put out
It appeared to me based on the reading on the historic or initial kindergarten structure and philosophies, that the principles on which it was based embodied much of what many complain is missing today. The moral and social values that these institutions were created to give and the nurturing they included is sorely missed in education today. As These institutions became more systematized and made to resemble the regular school system , the rules that public schools function under began to apply. And much of the value was lost.
I believe that much of the problems students/children have today stem from the lack of these initial Froebelan influences. The nurture and philosophy that teaches children their part in a functioning society. I believe its demise contributes to our large numbers of educated, yet socially dysfunctional children and youth.
I believe that much of the problems students/children have today stem from the lack of these initial Froebelan influences. The nurture and philosophy that teaches children their part in a functioning society. I believe its demise contributes to our large numbers of educated, yet socially dysfunctional children and youth.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home